Thanks to the Orda and DoorDash partnership, you can now reach customers at home with no commission delivery through your own mobile app!
The below video is a helpful overview from an Orda member on how they set up DoorDash in their app and what the customer experience is like.
If you are in the United States - please continue on to Step 1 below.
If you are out of the United States - please see Enable In-House Delivery.
Step 1. Enable DoorDash
If you were sending deliveries with Postmates in your mobile app, please see Migrating from Postmates to DoorDash.
1.Go to https://getorda.com
2. Click Sign In in the top right and log in.
3. Click Marketplace on the left.
4. Where it says Doordash, click Install, then Open.
Step 2. Configure DoorDash Settings
Service Fee: Enter how much of the delivery fee you want to pass onto customers.
We suggest $3-$5.
Minimum Order: Enter the minimum order amount you will require for delivery.
$15 is the minimum supported.
Maximum Delivery Radius in miles: Enter how many miles you want to deliver up to.
10 is the maximum supported. 5 miles is the recommended limit.
In the Order Simulator, you can see how much you will get paid depending on the delivery distance and service fee you pass onto customers.
Step 3. Enable Delivery For Each Location
1. Click Locations on the left.
2. You will see the locations you configured in Square.
3. For each location, click the Edit icon. If you do not see the location address, you must add the address in the Square Dashboard.
4. Enable Delivery.
5. Click Save.
6. Repeat #5–7 for every location.
7. Click Save.
Step 4. Enable Tips If You Haven't Already
DoorDash requires you to enable tips if you haven't already done so. Your customers aren't required to tip but DoorDash requires tips to be shown as an option.
3. In Orda Dashboard, Click Marketplace on the left.
4. Where it says Tipping, click Install, then Open.
5. Enable tipping.
6. Set a title for tipping, e.g. Add A Tip.
7. Add fixed amount or percent amount options. DoorDash requires 20% to be shown as an option.
8. Check on the option you want to be the default. If none are checked the default will be $0.
9. Click Save.
Your customer will have a button to track their delivery in your app.
You can also track the deliveries.
Go to getorda.com and log in
Click Deliveries on the left. You will see a list of deliveries.
Under Actions, click the paperclip icon.
4. You will now see the Doordash status page.
Click the Phone icon next to the delivery.
This will give you the information DoorDash support will need you to provide to help you, including the Doordash ID and External Delivery ID.
Call the number in the popup.