Orda Express Software Setup
This guide will walk you through setting up your Orda Express software on your iPads!
Step 1. Prepare Your Store
Make sure you have your address set correctly in Square. Otherwise Square will not take the payments. See this tutorial on how to check your address.
Order in your mobile app to see how it works.
Make sure you have item images and descriptions in your app or your kiosk won't work properly. If your items need images see this tutorial.
Order in your web ordering (orda.me link) to see how it works.
Prepare Your Hardware
1.Make sure you have a 10.2" iPad that is iPad 8th generation and up. Otherwise the Square reader will not work.
2. Keep your Square reader plugged into power at all times. Otherwise it will keep disconnecting.
3. Assemble your iPad, Square reader, and bezel following the video below.
Step 3. Prepare Your iPad
Follow these steps to make sure your iPad is ready for your kiosk software!
Go to iPad Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Set "Automatic Updates" to OFF. Do not update the iOS version on the iPad unless Orda asks you to in the future.
3. Make sure the iOS version is 15 or up. If it is less than 15 update it.
4. On the left, click "Display & Brightness."
5. Make sure Light Mode is on.
6. Click Auto-Lock and set it to Never.
7. Click Bluetooth on the left.
8. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
9. If a Square Reader is showing under "My Devices", we need to forget it. Click the "i" button to the right of the Square reader.
Then click "Forget this device."
10. Click Accessibility on the left.
Under Display and Text Size, turn Auto brightness to "OFF".
Step 5. Customize Software Settings
Design Your Splash Screen
Drag and drop to design your software splash screen.
Click X in the top left to return to the main page.
Click Design Approved, Next:
Step 5. Setup Orda Express
Open the Orda Express app.
Enter the key you got from Orda Support and log in.
Select the location. Note that the kiosk will only work if you are physically at that address due to Square requirements.
4. Follow the instructions to connect your Square reader. When prompted, select Pair.
5. When your reader connects, you will be taken to the home screen!
Troubleshoot App Crashes After Selecting Location
This is a known issue with the Square reader.
Do a factory reset and update software on your Square reader - https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5673-square-contactless-and-chip-card-reader-troubleshooting
Follow the video below to get around the issue.
Troubleshooting Menu Updates Not Showing
If you made a menu or software configuration change you don't see in your kiosks:
2. Refresh your kiosk app on your iPad. See video below on how to refresh properly.
Troubleshooting Reader Not Working
If you click the pay button and the reader doesn't connect, please follow this tutorial to troubleshoot your Square reader - https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5673-square-contactless-and-chip-card-reader-troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Other Issues
Most issues can be resolved by:
1. Make sure your internet is connected.
2. Restarting the app on your iPad. See video below on how to refresh properly.